- Future Students (Undergrad)
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Professional Programs
- Online Programs
- Career Services
- International Programs
- The Ohio State University Airport
- Biomedical and Materials Engineering Complex
Undergraduate Academic Advising
As an undergraduate student in the The College of Engineering, you will work with a dedicated team of academic advisors from your first day on campus. From exploring majors to connecting with resources and opportunities on campus, these professionals are here to help you make the most of your academic experience at Ohio State.
Here are some common topics on which you and your academic advisor can collaborate:
- Explore majors and minors connected with your interests, values and goals.
- Create strategies to adjust to your academic life at Ohio State.
- Plan for opportunities like education abroad, co-ops and internships, research experience, Honors, and more.
- Find the best academic support programs and success strategies for you, based on your goals, needs, and experiences.
During your first semester at Ohio State, your advisors will teach your Intro to Ohio State course (commonly called University Survey, or Engineering 1100). In addition to seeing your advisor every week, in this course you will learn the basics of academic life at Ohio State: curriculum requirements, resources on campus, important dates and deadlines, and more. After your first semester, you can choose how often you see your academic advisor. A good rule of thumb is to meet once each semester.
If you are a high school or external transfer student, please explore our information for Future Students or join us on campus for a scheduled visit. Academic advisors work closely with Engineering Recruitment to ensure that all overview presentations, student tours, and handouts you receive are accurate and will best prepare you for success as you apply to Ohio State.
If you are a current Ohio State student, please visit advising.engineering.osu.edu for more information about academic advising, curricular information, and upcoming support programs from your advising team.
We look forward to meeting you on campus at your orientation program!