You are here
- Home >
We advance Inclusive Excellence by
for campus diversity and inclusion
the understanding of diversity and inclusion and,
its principles and practices into the fabric and culture of the college.
Diversity and academic excellence are interwoven. The College of Engineering continues to develop programs for K-12, Undergraduate, Graduate, Faculty, and Staff that are centered on inclusive excellence. A diverse campus and inclusive climate enriches the engineering informal curriculum, fuels creativity, launches innovation, and helps develop the next generation of engineering leaders.
Please click in the links below to for information on how we add value for our main stakeholders:
Please click to see the
We offer a variety of student-centric academic, professional and social enrichment programs. Our Diversity, Outreach & Inclusion programs have long standing initiatives designed to increase the number of women and underrepresented minorities in engineering. Featured programs include, but are not limited to:
Pre Enrolled and Current Students - Early Engagement
TAP Into Engineering Summer Program for High School Students
Minority Engineering Program PREFACE Summer Bridge Program for incoming First-Year Students
Women In Engineering WIE Early Arrival and Learning Community for 1st and 2nd year Women
Current Students - Student Academic Success
Our office also works closely with some of the country’s largest and most active engineering student organizations to build a strong supportive community. Some of our partner organizations include:
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Lambda Psi (Minority Engineering Student Honorary)
- Engineering Graduate Ambassadors (EGA)
- Women in Engineering Graduate Council (WEG-C)
- Society of Black Graduate Engineers (SBGE)
- Latino/Latina Engineering Graduate Student Association (LLEGA)
For Our Faculty and Industry Partners:
The benefits of a sustained partnership include:
Broader Impact Support
Access to diversity focused K-12 Outreach programs and current student initiatives for broader impact activities in research proposals. Our DOI programs have long standing initiatives designed to increase the number of women and underrepresented minorities in engineering. Faculty should contact Dr. Howard Greene.firstname.lastname@example.org for K-12 Outreach assistance
- Recruit from one of the country’s largest and most comprehensive engineering programs.
- Opportunities to collaborate with diversity outreach, recruitment and professional development programs.
- Increased brand awareness and early identification among engineering undergraduate and graduate students.
- Assistance with identifying and making meaningful and sustained connections with scholarship recipients.
Helping Companies Get Connected
Collaborating with Ohio State's engineering diversity programs ensures that your recruiting trips to campus are spent with students who best meet your hiring and diversity expectations.
For more information contact – Courtney Ross (email@example.com)