The College of Engineering is proud of our commitment to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty. Buoyed by the committed leadership of Dean David B. Williams, the college has, in the past five years, hired a record number of new faculty, including unprecedented numbers of women and underrepresented minority educators and researchers.
Some of our points of pride include:
- The Engineering Faculty Professional Development Program, a yearlong series of workshops, seminars and networking opportunities to help junior faculty develop their academic community.
- The Faculty Mentoring Program, which aids faculty in setting up an internal and external team of mentors to guide their thinking on their careers.
- Our support of The STEAM Factory, The Center of Automotive Research (CAR) and Nanotech West Lab, provides resources to help expand your research network and facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration.
- A cooperative relationship for technology commercialization through the Technology Commercialization Office combined with a focus on women entrepreneurs through REACH for Commercialization in Ohio State Advance.
- Our strong and longstanding alliances with Honda of America and other industry partners.
- An emphasis on diversity that extends beyond recruiting with a commitment to support the Women, URM and LGBTQIA affinity groups and stated goal to continually evolve the culture and climate of the college to ensure inclusive excellence and integrated communities of faculty, students and staff.