COVID-19 Update: The university remains under a state of emergency. Virtual learning will continue through summer 2020 term. MORE INFO
- Updates to student organization operating and programming funds for spring semester 2020
- Updates to training for student organizations for spring semester 2020
Update from the Office of Student Life:
Student Organization Leaders and Advisors,
In response to university protocols related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to communicate a few updates related to registered student organizations. First, you should continue to monitor communications shared with the entire university community for the most up to date information about changes to normal procedures and resources. You can find that information here:
Through at least April 20, 2020, all on-campus activities of student organizations have been cancelled. This includes reservations of space for meetings and events in all campus facilities, such as classroom buildings, the Ohio Union and outdoor spaces on campus. You may follow-up with your event planner/scheduler to address questions you may have about your reservations. Even though on-campus meetings will not be permitted, you should consider utilizing CarmenZoom as a platform for virtual meetings that can accommodate both large and small groups and allow you to continue to be productive.
During the time that classroom instruction is only offered through distance-based approaches, we will also be working on alternative means of accessing training sessions required of presidents, treasurers and advisors. We know that many of you have scheduled these trainings in an effort to complete your registration requirements before the end of the spring registration window (April 15). More information will be forthcoming about these alternative arrangements.
For organizations that have been approved for CSA Programming Funds for events taking place between March 16 and May 31, we know you may have already made purchases and payments for programs that will need to be cancelled. More information will be forthcoming about how audits and reimbursements will be handled for these programs.
Finally, we want to encourage you to exercise caution regarding any group activities taking place off campus. The spirit of the measures taken on campus to protect the health and safety of everyone in our community applies to other settings, as well. Please observe university recommendations on social distancing and enhanced preventative hygiene measures that are intended to minimize health risks for yourself and others.
Please let us know what questions you might have about these temporary measures.
Your Student Org Team
Jen Pelletier, Johnnie Jordan, Brooke Olson
email@example.com | 614-292-8763
Many students enhance their academic career by becoming involved in student organizations or project teams in engineering or architecture. The number of student organizations for the College of Engineering alone is over 100, with 51 major related student organizations. This includes 14 honorary, 30 project teams, 21 diversity-related student organizations, 12 graduate and 65 professional student organizations.
Find a student organization:
College of Engineering student organizations:
The College of Engineering supports student organizations to encourage expanded extracurricular and academic experiences for students. To be recognized by the college the student organization must meet the following criteria:
- The purpose of the student organization must be engineering related.
- Have at least one advisor or co-advisor that is faculty or staff in the College of Engineering (for this purpose included are: Food, Agriculture & Biological Engineering, Department of Physics and Knowlton School of Architecture).
- Be recognized by The Ohio State University as a student organization by completing the requirements set forth by the Office of Student Life, including the annual officer training.
Established and new student organizations:
- Register your oganizations with Engineers’ Council
- Resources for Student Organizations
- Student Organization Awards Nomination
- Student Organization Awards: Each spring, the College of Engineering recognizes outstanding student organizations at the Annual Student Organization Awards event. Read past highlights: 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015.
Questions? Contact Winnie Sampson at firstname.lastname@example.org.